Pebbles: New Year's Resolutions with Happy Hooray!




Hi Paper Loving Friends!
 I trust that you all had a very Merry Christmas and are now preparing for all the New Year festivities! 
One of my resolutions this year is to inspire my daughter with a new scrapbook album that offers inspiration, affirmations and general messages for strength and gratitude. For the first page of her album, I wanted to remind her of her own resolutions for the year; to be brave, live fully and be bold!

The Pebbles Happy Hooray collection is so bright, and playful, and just perfect for this happy message layout!


Isn't this fabulous?! Live (color)fully, I say!
I begin my layout with that fabulous diagonal stripe paper, Rainbowtastic! I trim this paper to the 8 1/2 inch by 11 inch size, and then cut my white cardstock to 7 1/2 inch by 10 inch. Before I attach the two sheets together, I use the Silhouette Cameo Sketch Pens to draw my title in pink ink. 
I then hand colour my sketch pen title with watercolor paints, which I try to color match with the patterned paper. I add a gentle flick of pink and blue paint for interest. 
Once dry, I use my sewing machine to stitch the cardstock to the pattern paper.


I embellish the top of my layout with the Thicker Stickers banners, as well as that super cute Die Cut speech bubble! And decorate the title with a couple Die Cut stars.


My photo is 2 1/2 inch by 3 inch size, and is mounted onto pattern papers, Beary Sweet and Eat Cake. I partially secure it down with a strip of the rainbow striped Happy Hooray Washi Tape, and use my favourite Sticky Thumb Marathon Runner tape to finish the job.
 Foam Dots are added to my sentiment Die Cut, and positioned onto my photograph as a subtitle. Celebrate life! 
And nothing says celebrate more than scattered confetti sprinkles!
 (aren't those Enamel Sprinkle Stickers the best?!!!) 
My final touch is to use my Typecast Typewriter to print my 'be bold' sentiment. Perfect!


Such a beautiful page for my darling daughter! I hope it has inspired you to start thinking of your resolutions for 2018, and how to document them.

Happy New Year!

Thanks for stopping by!
til next time, 

Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo


Supplies:

Leave a Comment