Shimmerz Paints: Inklingz & New Year Intentions!




Hi Creative Friends!

Time for my first Shimmerz Paints Social Team share of the New Year!
Yay!!!
It's no secret how much I LOVE these awesome paints!
And speaking of New Year, today's creation is all about my intentions for 2018....

"Unique & Lovely"



Stay Unqiue
Be Lovely
& most of all
Take Time To Stop & Smell The Roses

Great intentions, and even better when combined with our favourite Shimmerz Paints INKLINGZ!

What are Inklingz? 

Inklings are solid, dry, gorgeously shimmering watercolors that are activated by water. They are non toxic and acid free. Their pigments are evenly distributed and intense.

Here's a better look at my layout.....


Oh swoon! Doesn't this just scream SPRING?!!
Loving all those pretty blooms!
And just look at the shimmer and sheen on those hand coloured roses!!!
DIVINE!
I've used Cocoa Vanilla Studio's Bohemian Dream line, & a Paper Issues Free File for this layout too!

Here's how I created this gorgeous piece....

I may *cough cough* have a thing for all the florals....

I decided to create my own 'floral' background paper with the Paper Issues FREE cut file: Rosey Posey. I used my Silhouette Sketch Pen in Pink to outline the file. 
I then did a quick plan of my page (shown above) and colour matched my Inklingz to the die cut ephemera sentiment, "Be Yourself Colourfully AND Bravely" 

The Inklingz I selected are:


And you can purchase them individually or all together (with a few extra colours)  in the 

I really wanted to replicate that die cut, so I painted my roses not only in the matching colours but also in that diagonal design......



To add a lil more interest, I flick some of the Inklingz, as well as 
The final painty touch is the treatment of that chippie title, unique & lovely. 
I didn't want to distract away from the high shine Inklingz roses, so I half painted the title using Creameez: Sky's The Limit (Still shimmering but not as intense) 
The result is super pretty.....


Unique & Lovely, indeed! 

 
The rest of my layout is a few cleverly positioned die cut ephemera blooms and a sprinkling of sequins! Love it! 
Here's a few close ups for you......


Oh the high sheen on those roses is to die for!


Swoon!!!! Oh-so-pretty!

Inklingz are Aaaaah-mazing pots of shimmery goodness!
I hope I have inspired you to give them a try today!

REMEMBER: Type AMANDA in the comments section of your Shimmer Paints store order 
& you'll receive a lil painty gift! Yay for free paint!

Thanks so much for visiting!
til next time, 

Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo 



Leave a Comment

Post a Comment