Cocoa Vanilla Studio: Bohemian Dreams & Happy Days!




Hi Creative Friends!

Time for a lil more Cocoa Vanilla Studio inspiration!
While we eagerly await the all NEW More Than Words collection, I have another stunning design with Bohemian Dream to keep you inspired!
 'Cause let's be honest, I still can't get enough of this gorgeous line!!!

"Happy Days"


Oh.WOW!!! Isn't this just something?!!
It's no secret that I LOVE all the pretty things, but this collection, well let's just say it makes me swoon each and everytime I create with it! It's hard to go wrong with something this beautiful! 
LOVE it all!!!
For this design, I start with a 12 x 12 white cardstock base, and begin by adding paper strips in BD-005 DREAMER to both the left and right sides of my layout. 
This is one of my absolute favourite papers! So pretty AND versatile! 
As my photo 'looks' to the left, I decide to position it onto the right to encourage visual flow. 
So, with this in mind, the main feature of my layout is on the right hand side. I use some complimentary purple Shimmerz Paints (Vibez Princess & Razzledazzel Berry ) to create my mixed media base and then embellish, embellish, embellish!
Here's a closer look....


Oh this really is divine!!!
Inspired by that incredible dreamcatcher CHIPBOARD STICKER, I fussy cut a larger one from pattern paper CV-BD006 BOHO BITS. To make this fussy cut one look more impressive, I foam mount that you are amazing DIE CUT EPHEMERA onto it. 
Feathers and gems are now part of my developing theme, and so I continue to add more of them into my layout! 
You'll also notice that I create my own hanging mobile feathers too!
 I use a delicate lilac tulle ribbon, and glue it underneath that chippie dreamcatcher.
 At the base of the ribbon, I attach those DIE CUT EPHEMERA feathers - so pretty!!!


Such a simple idea, but oh so effective!
As we travel down the right side, we encounter more birds. That FLAIR BUTTON bird is the sweetest! And the birdy adorning my CHIPBOARD STICKER photo frame - well that has also been fussy cut from pattern paper CV-BD006 BOHO BITS. That pattern paper is so awesome!
And all winged things belong together, right? So I include a few butterflies (VELLLUM & DIE CUT EPHEMERA) for good measure.


What a Gem! 
I add a sprinkling of ENAMEL SHAPES and sequins to unite this magical, whimsical notion of dreamcatchers and gems. 
The Happy Days ACCESSORY STICKER tucks in under those feathers beautifully and forms my layout title.
That CHIPBOARD STICKER butterfly is SO gorgeous that I use its smaller DIE CUT EPHEMERA counterpart to complete the right side of my design.

Before we move on, 
let's just take a closer look at that distressed woodgrain framed photo .....



Eeeep! That's me 
(I know, I am really trying to make the effort to feature in more photos this year) 
with my beautiful daughter! 
We were having a 'girls day' and having so much fun! Love it! 
That CHIPBOARD STICKER frame is the perfect accent to my photo. I love the white distressed woodgrain - it adds texture without any fuss! 
Heart this moment, indeed! 
The typewriter font ACCESSORY STICKERS are always my go to for journaling. I really prefer them over my own messy handwriting & they're so easy to apply!
Moving to the left now, and you'll immediately spot that butterfly!
 Yes, it's the same as the chippie one on the right.....


I just loved it so much that, yes you guessed it,  I fussy cut it out from my new fave paper, CV-BD006 BOHO BITS. 
Are you needing this pattern paper yet?!!  I know I've ordered more ;) 
I mounted the butterfly onto that circular ACCESSORY STICKER and added a few more ENAMEL SHAPES & sequins. So pretty! 
I then add my remaining die cuts. 
Those printed tabs just perfect for embellishing that paper strip with! A heart, and last but by no means least, one more butterfly to keep with the whimsy!

And there you have it!
A super stunning layout that really takes advantage of our fabulous embellishments and pattern paper, BOHO BITS!

I hope I have inspired you!
Thanks for visiting!
til next time, 

Happy Arty Days,
Amanda xo

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment